Preparation time: 15 min.
Baking time: 30 min.
Oven temperature: 350°f
Individual portions of salmon are baked along with a delicately flavored Lemon Mushroom Sauce. They are easy to serve and will please family or guests.
For 4 servings you will need:
4 Tbsp. chopped onion
1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
1 can (1 lb.) salmon, with liquid
3/4 to 1 cup milk
2 cups fine dry bread crumbs
3 eggs, lightly beaten
1/4 tsp. poultry seasoning
1/4 cup minced parsley
1/4 tsp. salt
1 can (10 3/4 oz.) cream of mushroom soup
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
1/2 tsp. paprika
4 stuffed olives, sliced
1. Sauté onion in heated butter until golden. Set aside.
2. Drain salmon, pouring liquid into measuring cup.
3. Add enough milk to liquid to make 1/2 cup.
4. Mix together onion, salmon, liquid, bread crumbs, eggs, poultry seasoning, parsley, salt and nutmeg.
5. Shape into 4 mounds and place in medium shallow baking dish.
6. Mix together 1/2 cup milk, soup, lemon juice and paprika.
7. Pour around salmon. Top each mound with 3 olive slices.
8. Bake, uncovered, at 350°F for 30 min.
Good served with: Butter green beans or cold asparagus salad and hot biscuits.
For 2 servings: Half of the ingredients.
For 8 servings: Double the ingredients.
Tips: You may substitute 2 cans (7 oz. each) tuna, drained, for the salmon. Use 1/2 cup milk for the liquid.
©MCMLXXXIV My Great Recipes. All Rights Reserved. Printed in Holland.
Great recipe for food rationing !
I will try this with canned chicken, or tuna..
Thank you for sharing.