Cooking time: 10 mins.
Preparation time: 15 mins.
Main cooking utensil: baking sheet
Oven temperature: 400-425°F
Oven position: top third
For 24 kebabs you need:
12 slices bacon
1 dessert apple
little lemon juice
1 head cauliflower or cabbage
stuffed green olives
1. Peel fruit and divide apple and pear into 8 segments each. Cut the banana lengthways into 4 and cut each piece in half.
2. Dip in lemon juice to prevent the fruit from discoloring.
3. Halve the bacon slices and roll around each piece of fruit, secure with the toothpicks.
4. Put on the baking sheets and cook until the bacon is crisp.
5. Put the olives and gherkins into the cauliflower or cabbage head.
6. Add the fruit bacon kebabs.
TO SERVE: As soon as cooked, but the kebabs may be prepared beforehand, covered in foil, and then put into the oven to cook 10 minutes before they are served.
TO VARY: Wrap bacon around cheese or tiny cocktail sausages (precooked).
Printed in Canada. ©Copyright Paul Hamlyn LTD 1967