Cooking time: few mins.
Preparation time: 20 mins.
Main cooking utensils: double boiler 2 1 1/2 pint bowls.
1 3/4 lb semi-sweet chocolate pieces
2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
1 tablespoon rum flavoring
1 cup chopped almonds or hazelnuts or 2 cups fine cake crumbs
2 dessert apples, peeled, cored, and chopped
Coating and decoration:
1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate pieces, melted*
1/4 cup butter
3/4 cup sifted confectioners’ sugar
few drops vanilla extract
*Always melt chocolate over hot, not boiling, water otherwise it loses its gloss.
1. Melt chocolate pieces in the top of a double boiler.
2. Add sweetened condensed milk and mix until smooth. Remove from heat and beat until cool.
3. Add flavoring, nuts or crumbs, and apples
4. Beat well.
5. Remove and reserve scan 1/4 cup of the mixture.
6. Divide remainder between the greased bowls and smooth over tops.
7. Leave for 2 hours to cool and set.
8. Turn both halves out and use a little of the reserved mixture, softened to coat the flat sides and press together to form an egg shape. Pile remaining chocolate mixture, on top so point of egg is shaped.
9. Leave to cool for 10 minutes.
10. Coat egg twice with melted chocolate.
1.. When set, pipe with butter icing made by creaming ingredients together and decorate as wished.
TO STORE: This will keep in the refrigerator for 1-2 days.
Printed in Canada ©Copyright Paul Hamlyn Ltd. 1967
Reblogged this on poetreecreations.org and commented: