Glazed Ham Loaf In Ring
1 cup milk
2 tablespoon catsup
2 tablespoon prepared mustard
1 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
2 cups soft white bread crumbs
1 1/2 lb ground cooked ham (6 cups)
1/2 lb ground pork
1/2 lb ground veal
2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
1 can (81/2 oz) sliced pineapple
1/4 cup light brown sugar
2 tablespoons cider vinegar
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1. Preheat oven to 350°. In large bowl, combine milk, egg, catsup, mustard, salt, and pepper; beat until well blended. Stir in bread crumbs; let stand several minutes.
2. Add ham, pork, veal, onions, and parsley; mix well. Turn into 1 1/2 quart ring mold, packing down firmly.
3. Bake, uncovered, 30 minutes
4. Make Glaze: Drain juice from pineapple into small saucepan. Add sugar, vinegar, and ginger. Bring to boiling, stirring. Cut pineapple slices in half; add to boiling mixture. Reduce head, and simmer 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
5. Remove ham ring from oven. Run spatula around edges to loosen, and turn out in shallow baking pan. Pour half of glaze, without fruit, over top. Bake 20 minutes. Arrange pineapple on ham. Cover with glaze. Bake 20 minutes.
6. With wide spatulas, remove ham ring to warm platter. Spook glaze from pan over top. Arrange parsley in center. Serve with any remaining fruit, and catsup.
©Copyright 1973 by The McCall Publishing Co. All rights reserved. Printed in U.S.A.