1 1/2 cups brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup liquid margarine
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups unsifted flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup milk
2 cups finely chopped pared apples
1 cup chopped walnuts
1 cup raisins
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Grease and flour 13-by-9-by-2-inch pan.
2. In large bowl, combine sugar and margarine. Using wooden spoon, beat in eggs and vanilla.
3. Sift flour with soda, baking powder, and cinnamon. Stir into egg mixture, alternately with milk. Stir in apples, chopped nuts, and raisins.
4. Turn into prepared pan. Bake 40 to 45 minutes, until surface springs back when gently pressed with fingertip.
5. Let cool in pan on wire rack. Frost, if desired. Cut into 20 squares. Top each with walnut. Makes 20 servings.
FAMILY GATHERING BUFFET
Ham Baked in Cider
Marinated Cold Vegetables
Walnut Raisin Cake
© Copyright 1973 by The McCall Publishing Co. All rights reserved. Printed in U.S.A.