Pineapple-Glazed Roast Pork
10-lb bone-in fresh ham
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 cups sliced onion
1 can (10 3/4 oz) condensed chicken broth, undiluted
1 can (8 3/4 oz) crushed pineapple, drained
1/4 cup honey
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ginger
6 tablespoons flour
1. Preheat oven to 375F. Wipe ham with damp paper towels. Remove skin and excess fat from ham. Rub with salt an pepper. Place, fat side up, in shallow, open roasting pan.
2. Roast, uncovered, 1 1/2 hours. Remove from oven. Reduce oven temperature to 350F.
3. Darin drippings from pan; discard. Arrange onion slices around ham. Pour chicken broth into pan. Insert meat thermometer into thickest part of meat, away from bone.
4. Roast, covered 2 hours. Remove from oven. Pour drippings into medium saucepan, and set aside.
5. In small bowl, combine pineapple, honey, cinnamon, and ginger. Spread evenly over ham. Roast, uncovered, 45 minutes longer, or until meat thermometer registers 185F.
6. Skim off excess fat from drippings in saucepan. Measure 4 cups liquid and return to saucepan. Mix flour with 1/4 cup water until smooth. Stir into drippings. Bring to boiling, stirring constantly. Reduce heat, and simmer 3 minutes. Serve with ham. Makes 8 to 10 servings.
DINNER FOR A WINTERY DAY
Pineapply Glazed Roast Pork
Baked Sweet Potatoes
Hot Cornmeal Rolls
Winter Fruit Compote
©Copyright 1973 by The McCall Publishing Co. All rights reserved. Printed in U.S.A.