Ham And Pineapple Loaf And Garlic Bread
Cooking time: 1 hour
Preparation time: 25 mins
Main Cooking Utensil: 9-by-5-in loaf pan
Oven temperature: 374-400°F
Oven position: center
For 4-6 people you need:
Ham and pineapple loaf:
3/4 lb ham
1 green pepper
1/2 cup fresh white bread crumbs
1/4 cup margarine
1 small pineapple or 6 pineapple rings
1 small French loaf
1/4 cup butter
1 clove garlic
1. Chop or grind ham, chop onion and green pepper, discarding seeds and core.
2. Place all loaf ingredients except pineapple in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
3. Grease pan, peel the pineapple and cut 6 rings or drain juice from a can of pineapple.
4. Place two rings in bottom of loaf pan and stand one at each end and one at each side.
5. Press the ham mixture into the pan and smooth the top.
6. Bake for 1 hour at 375-400°F.
TO SERVE: Hot or cold – keep in the pan to carry for picnics
Slash loaf almost through at 1/2 inch intervals. Mix together butter and crushed garlic, spread between the slices. Wrap in foil and heat for a few minutes.
This is better eaten hot, so is only suitable for a garden picnic, or where there are heating facilities.
Printed in Canada. ©Copyright by Paul Hamlyn Ltd. 1967