Corn Bread-Oyster Dressing
1 1/2 cups butter
2 pkg (8-oz size) corn bread stuffing mix
1 1/2 pt fresh oysters or 3 cans (7-oz size) frozen oysters, thawed
1/2 cup each chopped onion, green pepper, and celery
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1. In 6-quart kettle, heat 1 cup water and 1 cup butter, to melt butter. Remove from heat; toss with stuffing mix.
2. Drain oysters; cut in half. In 1/2 cup butter in medium skillet, sauté oysters, onion, green pepper, and celery, 5 minutes. Add salt, rosemary, pepper. Add to stuffing; toss lightly to mix well. Makes 12 cups; enough for 16 pound turkey.
1/2 cup butter or margarine
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped celery
1pkg (6 oz) chopped Brazil nuts (1 cup)
2 cups fresh cranberries, washed
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup orange juice
1 tablespoon grated orange ppel
2 loaves (1 lb-size_ raisin bread, sliced
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
1/2 teaspoon dried savory
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350F. In hot butter in medium skillet, sauté onion, celery, and Brazil nuts – about 5 minutes.
2. Add cranberries, sugar, orange juice,a nd peel. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly. until cranberries start to pop. Remove from heat; let stand 20 minutes.
3. Cut bread into 1/2-inch cubes (10 cups). Spread on cookie sheet. Toast in oven, 5 minutes. Combine in large bowl with salt, poultry seasoning, savory, pepper; toss. Add cranberry mixture; toss lightly. Makes 12 cups; enough for 16-pound turkey.
©Copyright 1973 by The McCall Publishing Co. All rights reserved. Printed in U.S.A.