Deep-Fried Frogs’ Legs
12 pairs frogs’ legs
Salad oil for frying
1/2 cup unsifted all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
Tartar Sauce (below)
1. In shallow baking dish, arrange frogs’ legs in single layer. Add enough milk to just cover legs. Let stand 1 hour.
2. Heat oil (2 to 2 1/2 inches deep) in medium saucepan to 375° on deep frying thermometer.
3. In plastic bag, combine flour, salt and pepper.
4. Drain frogs’ legs, but do not dry. Add to flour mixture, a few at a time, and shake to coat evenly.
5. Drop, a few at a time, into hot oil, and cook until golden brown, turning once – about 5 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
6. Serve with lemon wedges and Tartar Sauce.
Makes 4 to 6 servings.
1 cup mayonnaise
1/3 cup drained sweet-pickle relish
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon drained capers
1 tablespoon chopped parsley
1 teaspoon grated onion
1/8 teaspoon salt
1. In bowl, combine all ingredients; mix well.
2. Cover, and refrigerate – about 1 hour.
Makes 1 1/3 cups.
©Copyright 1973 by The McCall Publishing Co. All rights reserved. Printed in U.S.A.